Friday, November 22, 2013

Brrrr!

Boise downtown from Sidewinder

Getting out of bed this morning was ROUGH. Not only was it the first day off in many, many busy
days, but the temperature was about twenty degrees. It was hard enough to think about pulling myself from under the covers, let alone step foot outside. I had to remind myself that it feels like this at the start of every winter, and that I would feel better when I started moving. I layered up with my Gore-Tex tights and Under Armour top, and braved the outdoors. (I am quite a wimp the first few cold runs.) The first few minutes were rough, but as the sun continued to rise, I warmed up and had a lovely run. 

The dogs were happy to be out after all of the rain that we have had the past week, which was keeping us off the trails. A great benefit to waking up early and getting on the trails in the cold is that they are still frozen, and therefore usable. Once the sun hits more, I am sure that there will be a few wet spots.
Jake showing off his coordination on the ice.


Ahhh, Idaho.

No comments:

Post a Comment