Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Work's Not Gonna Do Itself


Brrrrr! I have been out of the state visiting with some family for the last few days, which was really nice after the holidays. It required a bit of extra motivation to get myself out of the warm house and company, especially when the temperatures outside were negative! I had forgotten what it was like to step out the door and instantly have your nose hairs freeze; that's how you know it is cold. I just went for a few jogs down a local bike path. The pictures that I have posted show the clear sections, but a lot of it was covered in a sheet of ice. In spite of that, I was able to get some speedier workouts in than normal. It is amazing how much faster I can go without my dogs stopping and distracting me every few minutes. Still, it will be nice to get home to them tonight and be back on the trail tomorrow morning. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment