Sunday, July 13, 2014

Oceanside Sunrise


Dawn.
One of my favorite things to do when I am back East is catch the sunrise from the beach. Sure, it requires getting up a bit earlier than usual for the drive to the coast from my parents's house, but the 3am alarm and the hour drive are well worth it. I hopped in the car with my friend John this morning and we headed down to the Rhode Island shoreline in the dark early hours. The sky was just barely beginning to turn pink when we arrived, and we waded out into the water to soak it all in. I got overly excited and hopped into the water before the sun peaked up over the horizon.

I love sunrise in the foothills, but there is no comparison to watching the day start from across the ocean. I could talk more on that, but my sunrise companion this morning, John, put together a video for me that does more justice to the morning than I ever could. He even put it to the song that I was singing all day long. 



Video Credit: John Shadwell
Music: 3rd Planet by Modest Mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment